What is Camp Miranda?
Our experienced counselors run this summer day camp focusing on tennis, swimming, and crafts for children 5-8 years old. Tennis and swimming components include basic instruction, games and fun activities. Campers must have the skills to stay above water on their own. Lunchtime features crafts, stories, and organized games. All elements are constantly updated to improve the experience and to keep things interesting. Campers may bring a lunch from home or pre-order meals from the snack bar.
The purpose of Camp Miranda is to:
• encourage enjoyment of swimming and tennis
• develop and improve tennis and swimming skills
• foster individual self-confidence & cooperative social relations
Who can participate?
Foothills members and non-members (when space is available) are welcome.
Each 4-day session runs Monday–Thursday, 11am–3pm.
- Camp starts at 11:00 am. On
the first day of camp please come at 10:45am, so that we can
answer questions and take care of any remaining business. Please remember to
sign-in your children every day.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Tennis
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm: Lunch, crafts, stories and organized games
- 1:30pm – 3:00pm: Swimming
- Camp ends at 3:00 pm. No supervision is scheduled beyond this time, so please pick up your children promptly. If children are not picked up on time, they will be taken to the office to call home. Please remember to sign-out your children every day.
2012 Session Schedule
- Session 1 June 11 -14
- Session 2 June 18 -21
- Session 3 June 25 -28
- Session 4 July 2,3 & 5 (No class July 4, pro-rated)
- Session 5 July 9 -12
- Session 6 July 16 -19
- Session 7 July 23 -26
- Session 8 July 30 - August 2
Registration and Fees
Camp registration opens on Summer Sign Up Day, April 7, 2012. Non-members may register approximately two weeks later. Sign-ups must be in person and are on first come, first served basis. Registration must be filled out at the Club and turned in to the front desk. We cannot hold spaces without complete registration forms and payment.
Members will be billed in June for all registered sessions. Non-members must pay in full at the time of registration. The cost per session per camper is $145 for members and $170 for non-members. Session 4, which is shorter due to the July 4th holiday, will be $109 for members and $128 for non-members. Please make checks payable to FTSC.
No refunds after June 1st. However, campers may change from one session to another if space is available or they may find a replacement camper to take their spot.
This service is available from 9:00 to 11:00am for $10 per child per hour. Babysitters will provide supervision and will take campers to any lessons or clinics for which they are signed up during this time. Snacks are not provided and the snack bar is closed until 11am when camp starts. It’s recommended to pack a snack for pre-camp.
Lunch is not included in the camp fee. Two options are available:
- Bag lunches for campers may be pre-ordered for all or part of each session. Food is prepared by the Foothills Snack Bar. All lunches include a sandwich, chips, fruit juice and a small dessert. Prices range from $3.00 to $4.00.The completed order form must be turned into the office no later than the first day of each session, along with payment in full. One week in advance is suggested.
Payment for lunch must be separate from camp registration payment. Make checks payable to "Arguello,"write "Camp lunch" on check and attach check to the order form.
- You may send a lunch with your camper. Please clearly label the lunch with your camper's name. Since refrigeration is available, we ask you not to deliver lunches during camp hours.
Additionally, you may want to send a small amount of cash with your camper to purchase an extra lunch treat (ice cream, candy, nuts, etc.) from the Club snack bar or vending machines. Access to the vending machines will be permitted only during lunchtime, under the direct supervision of a camp counselor.
What to wear to Camp Miranda
Proper attire is important. Please make sure that your camper is dressed appropriately:
- Tennis shoes with laces only (no black soles, unless they are specifically sold as non-marking)
- Shorts and shirt (no bathing suits on courts)
If the child is not properly attired s/he will be asked to sit out.
What to bring to Camp Miranda
- Junior tennis racket
- Swimsuit and towel
- Goggles (if preferred)
- Brown bag lunch (unless Camper Lunch Bags have been pre-ordered)
- A big smile
Please do not bring any glass containers or gum.
Please return the medical release and liability waiver no later than the first day of Camp. If your child becomes ill and cannot participate in the camp we will call the numbers listed on the medical release form and expect the child to be picked up.
For more information, contact:
Foothills Main Office :: 650.493.8540