Recreational use of Foothills' courts is for members and their guests only.
- Before going on court, players must sign up at the sign-up board.
- To sign up for and hold a court, at least two players must be present.
- Players who fail to sign up before going onto a court may be bumped.
When Courts Are Full
- Place your name on the board behind Court 3 under “Waiting List.”
- When a court becomes available, erase your name from the waiting list, and write your name on a card for the court you will be using and your time on.
- Players on all courts shall relinquish their courts as follows:
1. After 1 hour and 30 minutes (singles and doubles); OR
2. When they have rallied 30 minutes in lieu of play.
- If no one is waiting at the end of your allowable time and you wish to continue playing, you must return immediately to the sign-up board and update the "time-on" information.
- Open adult play has priority over the courts with the following exceptions:
1. Club tournaments and sanctioned tournaments
2. Courts assigned to the pro and assistant pro for teaching
3. USTA League play
4. Women’s interclubs
5. Sunday morning Men's spin-ins on courts 1 and 2, 9-11am
- A club member who meets the league qualifications must be placed on the team roster at the appropriate level, if such a team is fielded by FTSC.
- Teams must be made up of at least 50% Foothills members and/or persons on the waiting list.
- Captains will determine who will play based on ability and team rankings. Challenge matches may be set up to determine team rankings.
- Captains are also responsible for submitting a completed roster and match schedule to the office and for coordinating refreshments.
- Teams must have the Tennis Committee’s approval for court usage.
- Men’s and Women’s USTA Teams play on weekday evenings from 6:00 to 8:30 on courts 1 through 5 (April-July).
- Senior Men’s USTA Team plays on Wednesdays. Play begins at noon and ends at 1:30 on courts 3, 4, and 5 (October-March).
- Senior Women’s USTA Team plays on Tuesdays. Play begins at noon and ends at 1:30 on courts 3, 4, and 5 (October-March).
- Mixed USTA Teams play on Saturdays. Play usually begins at 1 and ends at 2:30 on courts 3, 4, and 5 (October-March).