|Court Use & Rules|
Recreational use of Foothills' courts is for members and their guests only. The same person may be a guest only twice per month.
Click here to download the Tennis Court Rules
- Before going on court, players must sign up at the sign-up board, even when there are open courts.
- To sign up for and hold a court, at least two players must be present.
- Players who fail to sign up before going onto a court may be bumped.
When Courts Are Full
- Place your name on the board behind Court 3 under “Waiting List.”
- When a court becomes available, erase your name from the waiting list, and write your name on a card for the court you will be using and your time on.
- Players on all courts shall relinquish their courts as follows:
1. After 1 hour and 30 minutes (singles and doubles); OR
2. When they have rallied 30 minutes in lieu of play.
- If no one is waiting at the end of your allowable time and you wish to continue playing, you must return immediately to the sign-up board and update the "time-on" information.
- Open play has priority over the courts with the following exceptions. All courts, with the following exceptions are open for member play, including junior players:
1. Club tournaments and sanctioned tournaments
2. Courts assigned to the pro and assistant pro for teaching
3. USTA League play
4. Women’s interclubs
5. Sunday morning Men's spin-ins on courts 1 and 2, 9-11am
- A club member who meets the league qualifications must be placed on the team roster at the appropriate level, if such a team is fielded by FTSC.
- Teams must be made up of at least 50% Foothills members and/or persons on the waiting list.
- Captains will determine who will play based on ability and team rankings. Challenge matches may be set up to determine team rankings.
- Captains are also responsible for submitting a completed roster and match schedule to the office and for coordinating refreshments.
- Teams must have the Tennis Committee’s approval for court usage.
- Check the court use calendar for home match schedule.
- No hitting balls over the fences.
- Members are discouraged from bringing guests during peak hours.
- No glass containers may be brought onto the courts.
- Players must wear shirts and tennis shoes (no black soles) while on court.
- Tennis courts are reserved for tennis play only.
- Professional, on-court tennis instruction is restricted to Foothills Tennis Staff unless approved by the Director of Tennis.
- May be used by members over the age of 14.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult on the court or have received the prior approval of one of the Foothills Tennis Staff.
- These machines are practice tools, not toys, and must always be used with great care as they can cause serious injuries.
- Approach machines only from the side or the rear when power is on.
- Children should never be allowed to run in front of machines.
- Notify a Foothills Staff member if you need assistance or see unsafe use.
- Please use court # 7 first, then (in order) 6, 5, 3, 2, or 1. No wait list priority.
- No ball machine use on court #4.
- When you sign in, please check the Ball Machine box on your court sign in card.
- Time Limit is 30 minutes for single player use, 60 minutes for 2 or more player use.
- No ball machine use 8am – 10:30am on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- When Done, please pick up all balls and return machine to shed, including any balls hit over fences.
- Standard tennis balls only, please, no red, orange or green balls – they clog the machines, and can cause damage.
- No use when courts are damp. Wet balls damage the machines.
- Please keep balls off adjacent courts when possible.